Turkey’s Top 10 Exports - Made in Turkey / Import from Turkey
Turkey’s Top 10 Exports
The following export product groups represent the highest dollar value in Turkish global shipments during 2018. Also shown is the percentage share each export category represents in terms of overall exports from Turkey.
- Vehicles: US$26.8 billion (15.9% of total exports)
- Machinery including computers: $15.8 billion (9.4%)
- Iron, steel: $11.6 billion (6.9%)
- Knit or crochet clothing, accessories: $9.1 billion (5.4%)
- Electrical machinery, equipment: $8.7 billion (5.2%)
- Gems, precious metals: $7.2 billion (4.3%)
- Articles of iron or steel: $6.5 billion (3.9%)
- Clothing, accessories (not knit or crochet): $6.3 billion (3.7%)
- Plastics, plastic articles: $6 billion (3.6%)
- Mineral fuels including oil: $4.4 billion (2.6%)
Turkey’s top 10 exports accounted for three-fifths (60.9%) of the overall value of its global shipments.
The iron and steel metals category was the fastest-growing among Turkey’s top 10 export categories via its 40.6% increase from 2017 to 2018.
Lagging in second place were actual exported goods made from iron or steel, up 16.9%.
Exported machinery including computers posted the third-fastest gain in value up 14.5%, trailed by exported Turkish vehicles which improved 11.8%.
Only one top product category declined namely gems and precious metals which dropped -10.7% year over year, thanks mainly to diminished international sales of gold.
Note that the results listed above are at the categorized two-digit Harmonized Tariff System (HTS) code level. For a more granular view of exported goods at the four-digit HTS code level, see the section Searchable List of Turkey’s Most Valuable Export Products further down below.