What are the uses of adhesives?
Adhesives are components that initiate the adhesion of two compounds. Earlier plant resins were used as common adhesives but now there are synthetic products which have more adhesion power than the natural ones. Besides the major function in any particular industry to bond substrates in order to structure the final product, adhesives are used for many functions in daily life. These are found every simple compound around us. It serves its purpose in each small product around us. It includes sealing the pipes or other items that require sealing.
The compounds used for preparation of adhesives should satisfy many criteria in order to serve its purpose of bonding two different substances together. It includes common household activity like screw fixation to avoid self-loosening and sticking out broken products.
The uses of synthetic adhesives are divided into 2 categories
Large scale use
Adhesive are in usage for all kinds of industries, small or heavy. In small industries like those of food products, toys or stationary items, adhesives play an important role in processing to packaging. In small industries it has roles like connecting the parts of the toys, the lipstick connected to its base. In heavy industries right from assembling spare parts of any machine or vehicle, car paint or branding them with labels. In furniture woods are bonded with strong adhesive and construction industry too for strength in the structures, Apart from these there are also many other uses for adhesives.
In day to day life there is variety of uses for adhesives which starts right from sticking envelopes to rejoining any broken materials. Out of this glue is the most used form of adhesive in frequent basis. The form of glue includes glue sticks, cello tapes or gums etc for everyday to mend shoes, to glue postage stamps and pack gifts.
Adhesives are those
- Product that has to currently alter its design for being strong and adherent.
- Are those which wet the particular surfaces which are to be bonded displacing all air flow between the surfaces.
The advantages of adhesives over other binding methods include:
- Easier binding method compared to other traditional methods like welding
- Faster method of binding comparatively
- Retain the flexibility of the material compared to other methods
- Doesn’t affect the weight of the material
- Depending on the material to be bound there are varied range of adhesives